When it’s time for a new water heater, energy efficiency is normally near the top of many people’s wish lists in Dublin. A tankless water heater is a good option for saving energy. In fact, a tankless water heater is 8–34 percent more energy efficient than a storage water heater, according to energy.gov.
Unlike traditional tank heaters that heat gallons of water and store it for usage, tankless water heaters use gas burners or electric coils to heat water on an as-needed basis, which may save you a lot on energy costs. Since the heated water isn’t stored for use at a later time, you don’t have to worry about paying for standby energy losses like you can with tank heaters. You’ll also benefit from having a continuous supply of hot water. They are smaller in size, energy-efficient in design and low-cost to operate.
When you turn on a hot water tap, cold water moves through the unit where either a gas burner or an electric element heats it. Then it heads to the tap, where you get hot water. One caveat about tankless water heaters—especially for larger households—is that the flow rate of hot water may not be great enough to take on several uses at once. One of our professionals will help you determine what your flow rate is and provide recommendations based on their expertise.
Some people prefer to install a separate tankless water heater that’s designated to a specific appliance, like the dishwasher or the clothes washer—or as a booster for a solar water heating system. However, a lot of houses in the Dublin area do alright with a single tankless water heater. Let’s look at some of the benefits of getting one:
- Most tankless water heaters have a lifespan of 20 years—that’s about twice as long as the lifetime of a normal tank heater.
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate.
- Tankless water heaters rarely run out of hot water.
- You get higher energy efficiency with a tankless water heater because they are more efficient with no standby heat loss and only use the power necessary to heat the amount of water needed at any period.
- Tankless models require much less space than traditional tank water heaters. They can even be put on the walls and some can be put in small cupboards or closets. Smaller units can be added under cabinets or in a closet, closer to where they’re used.
With tankless water heaters, you eliminate the possibility of flooding due to a ruptured tank. Call Service Experts today if you want an ENERGY STAR® rated, tankless hot water heater installed in your Dublin home. It’s a great energy-efficient choice for your home. We carry quality tankless hot water heater choices, expertise and expert service—for all your tankless water heater needs. Give our team a call at 925-364-5427
or request an appointment with us online.