Spring is great for many reasons: flowers are blossoming, you can open windows for fresh air and your power bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning to your heating or air conditioner.
But as temps begin to climb, so do your energy costs. Here are a few ideas for saving energy in Livermore and keeping payments less expensive.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your air conditioning system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and reduce costs. Replacing your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in modern cooling systems is a definite benefit for keeping your energy bill down.
2. Turn to Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Focusing on how to expertly use your thermostat is the smartest way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re in the house. Think of it this way, the smaller the difference between outdoor temperatures and inside temperatures, the less expensive your energy bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Try Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other methods to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By running a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no loss in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which forces cool air upward. This disperses cool air more evenly when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds closed—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it moves through windows. Keep your home cooler by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Think About Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’re out of the house and immediately realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the conditions from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy bills low. If you figure out it’s time to upgrade your thermostat or need AC installation, call our team at 925-364-5427 or contact us online. We’ll help you figure out the correct solution for your house. And as always, all our services are backed by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.