Spring is wonderful for many reasons: flowers bloom, you can crack windows for outdoor air and your power bill is commonly at its lowest. That’s because you’re not turning on your heating or air conditioner.
But as mercury begins to rise, so do your energy charges. Here are some ideas for saving energy in Livermore and keeping payments low.
1. Book Annual AC Maintenance
Giving your AC system a seasonal maintenance appointment can help it operate more efficiently and lower costs. Switching out your air filter will help keep utility charges less expensive.
If your HVAC equipment has seen better days, spring is a great time to upgrade it. The energy-saving options in newer cooling systems is a definite plus in keeping your electricity bill down.
2. Lower Your Thermostat
There’s an easy way you can save up to 10% on HVAC bills. Just set your thermostat back 7–10 degrees for 8 hours during the day.
Figuring out how to expertly work your thermostat is the best way to cut down on energy bills in the summer.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible when you’re at home. Think of it this way, the less significant the difference between outdoor temperatures and indoor temperatures, the less expensive your energy bill will be.
- When you’re away, set the thermostat to a much higher temperature or switch it off. You shouldn’t have to cool an empty home.
3. Take Advantage of Other Methods to Cool Your Space
You can do a few other approaches to help keep your house comfortable:
- Use a ceiling fan—By starting a ceiling fan, you can raise your thermostat setting an average of 4 degrees with no reduction in comfort. Have your fan spin counterclockwise in the summer, which pushes cool air upward. This disperses cool air more equally when you’re in the room.
- Keep blinds drawn—Sunlight quickly converts to heat as it passes through windows. Keep your home more comfortable by closing blinds and curtains when you’re not sitting in sunny spaces.
4. Consider Buying a Smart Thermostat
You’ve left home and abruptly realize you failed to turn up the thermostat. Then you fret about it the entire day!
Smart thermostats learn your routine and adjust the temp when you’re not around to help you save energy and money. You can also adjust the temperature from anywhere with your phone.
These expert suggestions will all help keep summer energy charges low. If you figure out it’s time to modernize your thermostat or need AC installation online. We’ll help you choose the correct solution for your home. And like always, all our services are protected by a 100% satisfaction guarantee.*
*Not applicable to the Advantage Program™. See your signed Advantage Program agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.