With Earth Day approaching, you may be bombarded with recommendations to help “save the earth”. Get excited! We’re here to add to the noise, but for a good cause. Not only is a tankless water heater eco-friendly, it can cut the cost of your energy bills and last longer than your standard tank heater. For real! We collected the main reasons you should invest in a tankless water heater.
- Refunds – Although the initial investment can seem a bit daunting, qualifying tankless water heaters come with a federal tax rebate of approximately $300.
- Continuous Flow – You know the feeling. The shocking pain of ice water pelting against your back when the hot water runs out and you’re mid-lather. Your cold showers could be over! Tankless water heaters negate that trouble altogether because the hot water NEVER. RUNS. OUT.
- Lifespan – Tankless water heaters can outlive old, inefficient tank water heaters by five to ten years. So not only will the government help you out with the cost, you don’t have to replace them as quickly, which also saves you money.
- Efficiency –Tankless water heaters only need the exact amount of energy to heat the volume of water you’re using, so they don’t waste energy heating water you’re not going to use. This wonderful tidbit can save you nearly 20% off your water heating costs. They also use less space since they can be mounted on walls (or outdoors as long as you have an anti-freeze kit) and smaller tankless water heaters can even be placed under cabinets or in closets.
- No Flooding – No tank, no tank to rupture, no flooding. Although a leak is not impossible as with any plumbing appliance or fixture, tankless water heaters won’t flood or cause water damage the way 50 gallons of water sitting around waiting to be used will.
- So Fresh, So Clean – Since tankless water heaters don’t store water in a tank, you always have pure, clean water that isn’t from a tank, which could have accumulated rust and scale.
If all these awesome reasons haven’t convinced you that a tankless water heater
is right for your home, call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning today for a complimentary in-home analysis
. We want to make sure you choose the best water heating system for your needs to we’ll explain your options, advise you of all the facts, and be ready when you’ve made your choice.