Planning yearly AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Tune-ups keep your air conditioning equipment in Livermore working at its best performance while keeping utility consumption low. It also could even help prolong its life cycle.
While there are a couple jobs you can do on your own, you should hire Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are several steps you can complete on your own as you prep for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Set
Spring is a period of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of house, garage and yard freshening. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a good idea to put AC checkups on that list.
Spring is the best season to get your cooling equipment freshened and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first hot day of the season can be dicey. If you have to have a fix or replacement, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that might become awfully unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a freshened air conditioning system will help assure the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning upkeep may be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Finish a Tune-Up Myself?
There are methods that you can complete to help keep your air conditioner unit in the prime condition:
- Replace your air filter. Clogged filters limit airflow and can decrease your unit’s efficiency. While replacement frequency depends on the kind you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially crucial if you suffer from allergies or have pets in your home.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your air conditioning unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear room. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, as this can impede airflow.
Let the Pros Take Care of the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you ring Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 925-364-5427, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the steps you’ve already finished. Then our pros begin the nitty gritty. We’ll check your system and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Oiling to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to remove leak-causing mold and obstructions.
- Aligning coil fins to stop limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and weeds.
- Inspecting controls to double check your system is starting, operating and shutting off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we uncover troubles that need additional service, we are prepared to provide you the most reasonable option. Uncovering likely issues promptly may solve more expensive problems down the road. This also offers you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are looking for an updated AC system, our Experts will partner with you to find the best solution for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. Regardless of what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your maintenance? Contact us at 925-364-5427 or schedule an appointment online now.