Booking regular AC maintenance is worth the effort.
Checkups keep your air conditioner unit in Livermore working at its top performance while keeping utility needs low. It also could even help lengthen its life expectancy.
While there are several things you can do on your own, you should call the Experts, like the ones at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, for AC checks and service.
Here are a couple steps you can do on your own as you get ready for cooling season.
Get Your AC Service Booked
Spring is a season of revival, and to many that involves a hefty portion of house, garage and yard sprucing. With the warmer temps approaching, it’s also a good idea to include AC service on that list.
Spring is a great time of year to get your cooling unit freshened and checked out. Hesitating to turn it on until the first hot day of the summer can be dicey. If you have to schedule service or replacement, you might be waiting awhile for a tech. And that might become extremely unbearable.
And for allergy sufferers, being ahead of the game with a fresh cooling system will help provide the best indoor air quality during pollen season.
Additionally, air conditioning service may be a requirement for your unit’s manufacturer warranty or any applicable extended warranty.
Can I Complete a Tune-Up Myself?
There are procedures that you can take to help keep your AC unit in the ultimate condition:
- Replace your air filter. Filthy filters restrict airflow and might decrease your unit’s efficiency. While how often you should replace it depends on the model you install, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends each month or two. This is especially necessary if you suffer from allergies or have a dog in your home.
- Lawn work near the outside condenser. Check there’s not any grass, weeds or bushes near your cooling unit. We recommend keeping 2–3 feet of clear area. You should also get rid of any leaves or twigs that have fallen into your equipment, since this might impede airflow.
Let the Professionals Manage the Rest
What’s left to finish? If you get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 925-364-5427, the first thing we might do is compliment you for all the tasks you’ve already completed. Then our Experts start the nitty gritty. We’ll examine your system and make sure it’s running correctly with these steps:
- Tightening electrical connections to ensure safe operation.
- Greasing to keep moving components working smoothly and potentially avoid malfunctions.
- Cleaning the condensate drain line to clear leak-causing mold and blockages.
- Fixing coil fins to stay clear of limited airflow.
- Cleansing the outdoor coil to eliminate any blockage from dirt and weeds.
- Checking controls to ensure your system is starting, cooling and turning off like it should.
- Analyzing the operating temperature parameters to confirm your system has the correct refrigeration charge.
If we find troubles that need extra service, we are prepared to offer you the most reasonable option. Uncovering likely issues promptly may solve more expensive problems down the road. This also provides you time to strategize if your equipment is getting older.
When you are seeking an updated cooling system, our Experts will partner with you to pick the best equipment for your family. We also offer financing to help make your new unit more affordable. No matter what your cooling needs are, you can have peace of mind knowing our Experts will take care of you.
Ready to book your maintenance? Contact us at 925-364-5427 or schedule an appointment online now.