It’s frosty outside. Most of the country is layering up for some freezing weather. And while the Experts are always prepared to help, we’ve got a few HVAC and plumbing honey-dos to help you avoid those winter weather emergencies.
- Disconnect all exterior water fixtures.
- Insulate exposed pipes and outdoor fixtures.
- A slow drip in indoor sinks and bathrooms by exterior walls can prevent pipes from freezing.
- Open up those cabinets under sinks to keep warm air moving around pipes.
- Keep an indoor temperature of at least 68 degrees (and warmer if possible).
- Get those indoor heaters ready by checking them for proper operation.
- If you’ve got vents shut in unused rooms, open them now.
- If your furnace is not working, contact the Experts for heating repairs or consider a new furnace install.
- Last but not least, give your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors a quick test.
Follow these simple tips to keep your HVAC and plumbing warm and working. Then make yourself some hot chocolate. And, as always, Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning is here for you. If you have questions, concerns or problems, don’t hesitate to call.