How Do You Test for Carbon Monoxide?

There are a lot of fumes that could be in your Livermore residence. Natural gas and fumes that derive from home fixtures, carpet and paints. Not a one of these fumes are as threatening as carbon monoxide.

Get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 925-364-5427 today to get started shielding your house against this harmful gas.

Why is Carbon Monoxide so Dangerous?

Carbon monoxide could be an emergency, so it’s not a matter to take lightly.

1. You Can’t Taste It

Carbon monoxide is hazardous because you cannot observe it, sense it with your nose or detect it with your taste buds. It’s nonirritating in small concentrations and can’t be filtrated.

2. It Can Be Deadly After Only Minutes

Carbon monoxide is a side effect of burnt fuel. It can get into your house during the heating season if the heat exchanger on your gas furnace breaks. While it depends on how considerable the leak is and the airflow in a residence, carbon monoxide could become fatal in within minutes.

Once inhaled, it has a half-life of approximately five hours. If you are breathing clean air, you will need five hours to remove it from your bloodstream. You will need another five hours to cut that amount by half.

3. Carbon Monoxide Reaction Can Mimic Other Illnesses

Carbon monoxide can also mirror conditions that can be mistaken as the flu, viral infections and chronic fatigue syndrome, among other conditions.

How to Protect Your Residence from Carbon Monoxide

There’s no justification to risk carbon monoxide poisoning.

Here are several precautions you can complete to keep your residence safe:

  1. Every home with at least one gas appliance, adjoined garage or fireplace requires a carbon monoxide detector. You should have a sensor on every level of your house, in addition to the basement and garage. You also need to install one inside or outside of each bedroom. Don’t have a carbon monoxide detector in your residence?
    Call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 925-364-5427 to get one. Ask our specialists about our economical Wi-Fi carbon monoxide alarms.
  2. If you currently own a carbon monoxide detector, consistently test or put in new batteries. You should test batteries every 90 days, and replace the detector every three to five years.
  3. If your carbon monoxide system alerts you to danger, get out of your home right away and call 911.

Protect Your Loved Ones with Help from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning

Carbon monoxide doesn’t have to be frightening, and with the recommended actions your home can be guarded from the dangerous gas. Make the proper changes and call Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning at 925-364-5427 to learn more.