How Often Do I Need Air Conditioner Service in Livermore?
Imagine it’s a blindingly hot summer day, and your AC unit suddenly goes out. You call around for emergency AC repair, but the temperature keeps rising while you wait for an HVAC specialist to arrive. Such a nightmare!
Routine air conditioner maintenance is the key to preventing this problem. But how do you know when it’s time for preventive service? And, is it really worth setting up an appointment if your air conditioner doesn’t appear to have any problems at all? Find out why taking a proactive strategy is the key to keeping you and your AC unit cool and comfortable.
How Often Should You Service Your AC?
To keep your air conditioner working efficiently, HVAC Experts recommend servicing it at least once per year. Annual cooling maintenance ensures your AC unit stays in optimal condition, protecting against potential concerns and increasing its life span.
As for which month on the calendar is best to schedule air conditioner maintenance, spring is the ideal season. This allows you to identify and repair growing issues before the summer heat arrives, ensuring your AC unit runs smoothly throughout the whole summer.
However, if spring has come and gone, and you weren't able to schedule AC service, don’t wait another year. When it comes to maximizing cooling abilities in your AC unit with preventive maintenance, it’s better to do it late than not at all.
What Does AC Service Include?
An air conditioning tune-up is a detailed process involving several steps. This is why DIY maintenance is not recommended. Here are some key parts of the work performed during a routine service call:
- Thorough inspection: The technician visually examines your air conditioner for potential concerns53 or areas requiring attention.
- Cleaning: The HVAC specialist uses specialized tools and proven techniques to clean the condenser coil, evaporator coil, condensate drain line and other components to make sure that your system runs efficiently.
- Lubrication and tightening: Moving parts are lubricated to decrease friction and protect against wear and tear. Then, electrical connections are tightened to support safe equipment operation.
- Filter replacement: Switching out the filter boosts air quality and helps the unit run more effectively. HVAC professionals recommend doing this in your own system every few months to maintain proper airflow.
- System test: Before deeming the job complete, your cooling specialist will run a test cycle to make sure the system fires up, operates and shuts down properly.
Benefits of Routine Air Conditioner Service
Many homeowners ask themselves if routine maintenance is worth all the hype. The fact is, regular air conditioner tune-ups encourage better performance and home comfort. Some key benefits include:
- Increased energy efficiency: A well-maintained AC unit uses less electricity to keep your home cool, leading to lower utility bills and a smaller carbon footprint.
- Lower repair costs: It’s simple to spot potential issues early when a technician carefully inspects your air conditioning every spring. A relatively small repair, like replacing a fraying fan belt, helps you avoid costly and inconvenient breakdowns later in the season.
- Increased air quality: A clean air conditioning system leads to better air circulation and fewer airborne allergens for a healthier living environment.
- Extended equipment life: Like getting routine oil changes to help your car run longer, annual AC service extends the life of your air conditioning system, saving you on early replacement costs.
How Much Does AC Service Cost?
Preventive maintenance isn’t a free service, but you should think of it as an investment, not an unnecessary expense. After all, regular servicing helps you save on utility costs, complicated and expensive repairs or the expense of having to buy a new AC when your unit should have many more years of operation left in it.
To optimize your savings, think about signing up for a maintenance plan from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. For just one low monthly fee, you’ll lower the risk of breakdowns and improve energy efficiency for ongoing savings. Choose from three different plans to accommodate your needs and spending plan. You’ll experience several advantages no matter which one you select, including:
- Regular tune-ups: Our maintenance plans include annual AC tune-ups, ensuring your system continues to operate in peak condition.
- Priority service: Members go to the front of the line when setting up appointments, even during peak call volumes.
- Discounts: Save 15% on repairs and services, along with discounts on new equipment with the Maintenance+ Plan
- Repair guarantee: For your satisfaction, we guarantee the quality of our repairs for one year.
Schedule Air Conditioner Service in North America
Plainly, annual AC maintenance is crucial for increasing performance and providing home comfort. Schedule a yearly visit, if at all possible in the spring, to protect against breakdowns and enjoy numerous other benefits of a well-maintained air conditioner.
As for choosing a company to perform the work, Service Experts stands out as a top choice, with qualified specialists, wide-ranging maintenance plans and a dedication to customer satisfaction. Entrust air conditioner maintenance to the Experts, and you’ll keep your property cool and comfortable during even the hottest months. To learn more or arrange your next AC tune-up, please contact a Service Experts office near you today.