Building a new house? Upgrading your existing equipment? Whatever the reason why you’re looking for an air conditioner, you could shortly realize you have more choices than you initially thought. Read through this info to help you measure four different types so you can choose the ideal air conditioner in Livermore.
Central Air Conditioning
This is what most people think of when they imagine air conditioning for the whole residence. Central air conditioning transfers air to every room using a system of ducts and registers.
This might be ideal for you if:
- Your residence has ductwork.
- You already have a furnace or air handler.
- You’re looking for nearly silent, convenient operation.
Air-Source Heat Pump
In hot weather, heat pumps work just like central air conditioners. Some models can also deliver heat in cold weather.
This may be ideal for you if:
- Your home has ductwork.
- Your reside in a climate with mild weather during the winter.
- You’re seeking a single piece of equipment for all-season heating and cooling, as opposed to a traditional furnace and air conditioner.
- Your house doesn’t have (or you don’t want) natural or propane gas.
- You’re looking for quiet, energy-efficient home comfort.
Geothermal Heat Pump
The ground beneath your feet hovers at an even 55 degrees all year round. A geothermal heat pump draws on this constant source of energy with underground loops for fantastic heating and cooling efficiency.
This can be good for you if:
- Your house uses ductwork.
- You’re looking for a single piece of equipment for energy-efficient heating and cooling.
- You have enough land around your house for the buried loops.
This is a second type of heat pump. With ductless mini-splits, an outdoor unit connects to an indoor blower unit fixed to a wall or ceiling. This doesn’t call for any ductwork and keeps your windows secure.
This could be good for you if:
- Your residence, or a new addition to it, doesn’t have ductwork.
- You’re looking for an energy-efficient approach for heating and cooling individual spaces.
- You’re seeking to add zoning to your home.
Don’t know which style of air conditioner you should get? Turn to the Experts at Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning for everything air conditioning! We can educate you on your options and help you pick the right one for your family. Please contact us estimate now.