Summer is typically a crazy time of year for many people in Livermore. Whether it’s a family reunion, a long-awaited vacation or any host of other outdoor activities, summer not only brings about crazy schedules, but that dreaded Livermore heat as well.
We know you’ve already taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs way before summer arrived, so what else can you do to stay cool during those days where you can’t get away to an air conditioned oasis? Health Canada has five pointers:
Spending time outdoors is what summer is all about, but staying safe in the Livermore heat is non-negotiable. And when you do finally make it back to air conditioning, make sure you’ve taken care of all of your AC repair and air conditioner service needs so you don’t have to worry about it not working in the heat of the summer. Give Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning a call at 925-364-5427 or set up an appointment online if you have any questions about potential AC repair or how you can make sure that your air conditioner is running at its highest level in the Livermore heat.
- Stay in air conditioned places as much as you can. Of course, outdoor activities make this hard, but if you are able to take a couple-minute break and utilize an air conditioned building at a park or a vehicle’s air conditioning, take advantage of it.
- Drink plenty of fluids. Sip on your drink even if you don't feel thirsty, as thirst can be an early sign of dehydration. If you begin having muscle cramps, take a few moments to rest as it can also be an early indicator of dehydration or a different heat-related illness.
- Take precautions when planning outdoor activities. Any type of workout or athletic practices should be completed earlier or later in the day when the Livermore temperatures are lower.
- Dress to stay cooler in higher temperatures. Light-colored, lightweight and loose-fitting clothing are your best options.
- Keep your shower or bath a little cooler than usual. It can help you cool down a tad faster so you can get back to reveling in your home’s air conditioning.