Air conditioners don’t work indefinitely, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement in Livermore, you may be considering—should you also request furnace replacement too? It varies based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think over, in addition to the advantages of not having a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Points to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the top questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can run up to 20 years, while air conditioners work for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it with your air conditioner. If it was installed earlier than this, you can usually delay it.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? Lots of homeowners are replacing their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at several speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to realize the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace give the correct air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the right amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s essential your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, such as one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can figure out that static pressure of your system and provide the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your Expert and your pocketbook if you get new systems together.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t often any large immediate outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can avoid the temporary fix by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll make sure everything operates at the best efficiency, making your home cozier and lowering your ongoing utility costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioner but keep the old furnace, you never know when it could break down for good. In the interim, you’ll fork over for repairs that could have covered a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both replaced at once. And you could even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the expense of replacing your total system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment reasonable through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one small monthly price. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are taken care of!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and NATE-certified to provide a job done correctly the first time. Plus, we include a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 925-364-5427 to request an HVAC installation estimate now!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.