Air conditioners don’t work forever, despite the brand or quality. If you’re prepping for air conditioning replacement too? It differs based on your situation.
Here are some aspects to think about, in addition to the advantages of staying away from a mismatched furnace and air conditioner.
Things to Ask When Considering Air Conditioning Replacement and Furnace Replacement at the Same Time
Here are the most important questions to answer before making your decision:
- When was your furnace installed? Furnaces can work up to 20 years, while air conditioners run for about 15 years. If your furnace is past a 15 years old, we recommend replacing it along with your air conditioner. If it’s much less than 15 years old than this, you can probably wait.
- What kind of air conditioner are you getting? A lot of homeowners are swapping out their outdated, single-stage air conditioners for variable-speed styles. This saves energy and increases comfort by working at varying speeds. Air conditioners use the furnace blower to distribute air. So, if you use a single-stage furnace, you’ll have to replace it to get the full comfort and benefits of a matched variable-speed system.
- Can your furnace deliver the right air flow? Your furnace needs to provide the correct amount of air to keep your house comfortable. An updated air conditioner may require a different indoor coil. So, it’s important your furnace is properly sized for the new air conditioner. An Expert technician, for instance one from Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, can determine that static pressure of your system and provide the correct recommendation.
- Is the installation complicated? You’ll make it easier on your tech and your pocketbook if you install both systems simultaneously.
Why You Should Buy a New Furnace and Air Conditioner Simultaneously
If your furnace and air conditioner are compatible and are properly sized, there aren’t typically any big imminent outcomes. A mismatched setup is frequently temporary until the other system stops working. You can circumvent the temporary repair by replacing your furnace and air conditioner together. And, you’ll reap these rewards:
- Increased efficiency: By “matching” your air conditioner and furnace, you’ll guarantee everything operates at the best efficiency, making your home comfier and lowering your ongoing heating and cooling costs.
- Fewer HVAC repairs: If you buy a new air conditioning but keep the old furnace, you never know when it may break down for good. In the interim, you’ll shell out for repairs that could have gone toward a new furnace.
- Potential discounts: You can save on labor by having both put in at once. And you may even be authorized for an exclusive deal since you’re installing new heating and cooling equipment.
If it’s time to upgrade your mismatched furnace and air conditioner, you can depend on Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning. We understand the price of replacing your total system may stress you out, so we’ll make your investment economical through special discounts or our worry-free Advantage Program™. You can get a new, high-efficiency furnace and air conditioner at no money down and simply one reasonable monthly expense. And all maintenance and repairs down the road are covered!*
Rest assured that our team is highly trained, experienced and ACE-certified to guarantee a job done right the first time. Plus, we give you a one-year 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.** Contact us at 925-364-5427 to schedule an HVAC installation estimate right away!
*Some exclusions apply.
**Not applicable to the Advantage Program. See your signed Advantage program Agreement for full details and exclusions. 100% Satisfaction Guarantee is subject to certain restrictions and limitations as set forth in the applicable Terms and Conditions.