When you run the faucet on your kitchen or bathroom sink, you anticipate clean, safe water to flow out. But even if your water seems clear, it might still contain toxic chemicals that present a risk to your family’s health and well-being. Plenty of people dislike the taste of polluted tap water and recognize the consequences of drinking it. That’s why half of all American homes keep either a home water treatment system (32 percent) or bottled water (18 percent) to ensure they have safe drinking water nearby.
If you want to ensure your family’s health, you may first opt for trying the bottled water plan. But of course, this gets costly soon. Plus, plastic water bottles that aren't recycled end up polluting the world’s waterways, disrupting the environment and wiping out marine life.
Having a whole-house water filtration system is more cost-efficient and cleaner for the environment than buying bottled water. It will also provide healthier water more conveniently because you can get it right from the tap. Additionally, whole-house systems send purified water to your showers, tubs and plumbing appliances, helping you to maximize the benefits everywhere you use water at home.
Before installing a whole-house water filtration system, learn about what’s in your water and how a Filtermax™ Superior Chemical Removal Filter can filter out harmful contaminants. Then, get in touch with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning to help you find and install the best water filter for you.
What’s in Your Water Supply?
Water quality may differ by location, but several of the most prevalent contaminants include:
- Heavy metals
- Industrial chemicals
- Disinfection byproducts (DBPs)
Learn what may be in your drinking water by entering your ZIP Code into the Environmental Working Group’s drinking water quality database. EWG files show that over 80 percent of utility water supplies in North America at one point tested positive for carcinogenic chemicals, revealing that legal water quality levels are not necessarily safe.
Try Installing a Filtermax Water Filtration System
The Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter eliminates dirt, debris and dangerous chemicals from your tap, furnishing you and your family with safe, sparkling water to enjoy. Here are the benefits of this system:
- Sediment filtration: Cloudiness is a common sign of contaminants in your drinking water. Composed of silt, sand, rust or clay, sediment is abundant and can become concentrated in the water main after severe storms. While largely harmless, sediment makes your drinking water appear and taste unpleasant. Filtermax provides sediment filtration to filter out solids from your drinking water.
- Chlorine removal: Chlorine is crucial to clean drinking water in urban settings. Unfortunately, this disinfectant can generate dangerous chemical byproducts when it mixes with naturally occurring organic and inorganic materials in the water. A few DPBs, such as trihalomethanes (THMs), are found to cause cancer. Filtermax removes these carcinogens to keep your family healthy.
- Safer, cleaner, better-tasting water: Ensuring safe tap water is the objective of installing any water filtration solution. Besides being cleaner for your family to enjoy, filtered water also smells, tastes and looks better. No more lingering metallic or musty smells. No more earthy or chlorine taste. No more muddy water swirling around your kitchen sink. Just clean-tasting, odorless, crystal-clear water.
- Filtered water to every tap: Toxic chemicals don’t just affect you when ingested—they also absorb into your skin as you shower and cling to your clothing and dishes as you wash them. That’s why a whole-house filtration system is so helpful because it guarantees clean water from every tap.
- No operating expenses or squandered water: Some whole-house filtration systems increase your electric bills. Others add to your water bills with automatic backwashing and flushing. Filtermax illustrates that clean water doesn’t have to come with steeper utility costs.
- Flow-through distributor: Based on your plumbing system’s configuration, you may need an upflow or downflow water filter. The Filtermax™ flow-through distributor contains both designs to cater to your needs.
- 20-year manufacturer warranty: This is the best warranty in the water treatment equipment industry! With this coverage, you know your investment will carry on providing clean, quality drinking water for a very long time.
Install a Whole-House Water Filter in Your Home
At Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, we install different types of water filtration systems from Excalibur, like the Filtermax Superior Chemical Removal Filter. Whether you’re looking to decrease water hardness, clear out bacteria or remove dangerous chemicals, you’ll find the best system for you from Excalibur. Installation is fast, straightforward and supported by our 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. Call your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office for help choosing a water filtration system that suits your needs and budget.