Your HVAC equipment is essential to home comfort and indoor air quality. The furnace and air conditioner work tirelessly in the background, heating, cooling, managing the humidity and filtering your indoor air. Lots of homeowners take these functions for granted until they have to do without them. If your air conditioner has ever stopped working on a scorching summer day, or the furnace has failed during a blizzard, you understand what this is like firsthand.
No homeowner wishes to deal with emergency repairs, a spike in energy bills or problems with their sense of comfort. What if there was a way to maintain an uninterrupted supply of clean, climate controlled air when you want it most?
That’s where preventive HVAC maintenance comes in handy. Like obtaining an oil change for your car, routine tune-ups are essential for keeping your HVAC system up and running. And to get every benefit from each maintenance visit, you should think about enrolling in an HVAC maintenance contract.
This plan is an arrangement between you and an HVAC contractor. Membership takes the guessing out of HVAC service by providing routine maintenance, savings on repair work between scheduled visits and other advantages. An HVAC maintenance contract isn't required to schedule tune-ups with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, but we highly endorse enrolling. Here are six reasons why.
1. Automatic Reminders to Schedule HVAC Maintenance
Life gets busy, so it's not hard to forget about scheduling furnace maintenance for the fall and air conditioning maintenance in the spring. With an HVAC membership, you’ll receive scheduled reminders to get an appointment on your calendar. If you’re not sure why HVAC maintenance is so beneficial, consider these benefits:
- Expose smaller problems right away: Issues with your HVAC equipment usually progress gradually. When a technician inspects the internal components each year, it’s possible to find and take care of little problems before they become big headaches.
- Reduce the risk of equipment failures: By tightening that loose fan belt and balancing the off-kilter blower motor during a maintenance visit, the risk of an unexpected breakdown goes down.
- Lower repair costs: Planned HVAC maintenance is an affordable, expected amount that reduces the need for numerous major repairs.
- Enhance energy efficiency: The Department of Energy reports that once-a-year maintenance can increase HVAC efficiency by up to 30%, reducing your heating and cooling bills in the process.
- Increase home comfort: When your heating and cooling system operates the way it is supposed to, airflow improves for pleasant temperatures and more comfortable humidity throughout the house.
- Lengthen the system’s life span: A clean, tuned-up, well-lubricated HVAC system can live years longer compared to a neglected one, saving you on early replacement costs.
- Provide safety: An equipment and safety inspection during every visit grants peace of mind that your HVAC system is performing like it's supposed to.
- Protect your warranty: The majority of HVAC manufacturers value preventive maintenance so much that they necessitate annual tune-ups to keep your warranty in good standing. Investing a little in maintenance now shields you from costly repairs that your warranty will cover.
2. Priority Service
Having an HVAC maintenance agreement puts you at the front of the line when you schedule an emergency repair. You can usually count on same-day service—even on nights, weekends and holidays—thanks to 24/7/365 guaranteed priority service for members.
3. Priority Install
Thinking about replacing your HVAC system? An HVAC contract gives you access to the fastest installs available, even during the busiest weeks.
4. Discounted Repairs and Services
Preventive maintenance lowers the need for repair work, but if your system needs some attention, having an HVAC maintenance agreement provides a 15% discount. You’ll also have access to 15% off indoor air quality products, such as pleated filters, whole-house humidifiers and charged media air cleaners.
5. No Trip Charge
Heating and cooling repairs are in some cases necessary, but they can get expensive fast. Luckily, with an HVAC agreement, you’ll never have to pay trip charges or overtime fees, even for emergency and after-hour appointments.
6. Repair Guarantee
How can you know the technician has performed a job well done? Put your mind at ease with a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all repairs and installations for one year. If the results leave you disappointed, the technician will return to set things right.
Sign Up for an HVAC Maintenance Contract
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning offers three HVAC membership levels: Priority+™, Maintenance+™ and the Service Experts Advantage™ Program. Take a look at what each plan features and work with our staff to help you choose the best plan for your needs and budget. We’re happy to respond to any questions you have before signing up. For more details about our HVAC maintenance contracts or to request a tune-up, please contact your local Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning office today.