Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Livermore.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used right but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.