Preventing it from happening is the most important place to start. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your likelihood of carbon monoxide poisoning in Livermore.
Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:
- Warm up your car out of your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so don’t leave yours running in the small space of a garage. The same applies for gas equipment including lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
- Don’t operate ovens or grills as heaters. These things are safe when used right but can make carbon monoxide when on for an extended period of time in small spaces.
- Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
- Have your chimney examined by a pro. This confirms chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
- Check gas appliances are operating correctly, especially your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe heating by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.