What can be done to protect my home from carbon monoxide?

Stopping it from happening is the most important place to begin. Doing proper safety precautions will decrease your chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in Livermore.

Here are a few steps you can take to keep your family safe:

  • Warm up your car away from your garage. Cars are a significant source of carbon monoxide poisoning, so never leave yours running in the restricted space of a garage. The same goes for gas equipment such as lawn mowers or snowmobiles.
  • Don’t operate ovens or grills as heating sources. These things are safe when used right but can produce carbon monoxide when run for an extensive period of time in small spaces.
  • Don’t run a gas generator indoors, since it creates fumes.
  • Have your chimney inspected by a pro. This ensures chimneys and vents aren’t blocked and connected correctly.
  • Check gas appliances are operating correctly, particularly your furnace. You can make sure you’re getting efficient, safe operation by scheduling yearly furnace maintenance with Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning.