Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless and tasteless gas. It’s produced by incomplete fuel combustion usually caused by insufficient oxygen. In your home, appliances that need natural gas, charcoal, wood or kerosene are at risk. Especially if they are not running properly or have been installed incorrectly.
Vehicle exhaust fumes from nearby garages, as well as malfunctioning fireplaces can also produce carbon monoxide. CO is poisonous to the body and is fatal at high levels or with prolonged exposure.