A popping sound is a common sign of an undersized duct design. This occurs when there’s more airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Problems with your ductwork can lead to other ventilation and air quality issues, such as:
- Too much noise
- Higher energy consumption
- Early system failure
- Unbalanced heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Overly warm furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold expansion inside ducts
Contact an experienced company in Livermore, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to look at your residence’s ventilation system. We can provide advice for duct repair or installation.