A popping sound is typical sign of an undersized duct design. This occurs when there’s more airflow than your ductwork can handle.
Problems with your ductwork can create other ventilation and air quality issues, like:
- Too much noise
- Higher energy consumption
- Early system failure
- Irregular heating and cooling
- Nonfunctioning AC compressor in the summer
- Too hot furnace or heat pump in the winter
- Mold increase within ducts
Contact an experienced company in Livermore, like Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioning, to look at your residence’s ventilation system. We can provide advice for duct repair or installation.